Wednesday, January 27, 2010

More new recipes found

I've been very happy with some of the recipes i've found lately and wanted to share them here.

Turkey Cutlets with Orange Sauce

I found this recipe in Weight Watchers Fresh and Easy 20 Minute Meals cookbook. My family loved it. The orange juice made the cutlets very tender and tasty. It would be easy to substitute chicken cutlets or thin lean boneless pork chops with similar good results.

1 1/2 pounds turkey cutlets
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tsps. olive oil, divided
1 cup orange juice
1 tsp. brown sugar
3 tablespoons raisins

1. Sprinkle both sides of turkey with salt and pepper. Place cornstarch in a small metal sieve; sprinkle both sides of turkey evenly with cornstarch.

2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add half of turkey to pan. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned; remove from pan. Keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 tsp olive oil and remaining turkey.

3. Add orange juice, brown sugar, and raisins to pan; bring to a boil over high heat and boil 2 minutes.

4. Return turkey to pan, turning to coat with sauce. Yield: 4 servings (serving size about 2 turkey cutlets and about 2 tablespoons sauce, Points Value: 5).

Per serving: Calories 263, Fat 3.3g (saturated fat 3.3g), Protein 42.7g, Carbohydrates 15.6g, Fiber 0.5g, Cholesterol 68mg, Iron 2.5mg, Sodium 443mg, Calcium 12mg.

Note: I left out the raisins. I didn't think it would add much to the taste and therefore I could save on the calories.

Oven Fried Pork Chops

This was another favorite in my house. You can find the recipe and instructions Here at RecipeZaar.com. Other than using bone-in pork chops which I had on hand, I followed this recipe exactly. I also always seem to need more breadcrumbs than it calls for so I just have to adjust points for that.

Southern Oven Fried Chicken

This is a delicious recipe I found in a cookbook called "In the Kitchen with Aimee" You can find the recipe on Aimee's website along with many other wonderful, easy recipes.

I look forward to trying out many more recipes that I've found in the stacks of cookbooks I've been pouring through. I'm having so much fun cooking new tasty meals. Hopefully that will keep my momentum going and the weight melting away.

God Bless!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment