Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Some of my Favorite Foods

My sister reminded me today that I haven't posted on here in awhile and she requested I give her my favorite food finds. I have to give Hungry Girl credit for most of these ideas.

One of my all time favorites is Lauging Cow Light cheese. I love all of the flavors. I use the Light Original Swiss in many recipes and I love the Garlic and Herb and the French Onion spread on crackers. I can't wait until June when new flavors are coming out...Blue Cheese, Queso Fresco & Chipotle, and Mozzarella, Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil. Yum! I also really love the light gourmet cheese bites. They are only 7 calories per 1 inch cube. They are yummy alone or also spread on crackers.

I really love Morningstar Farms meatless products. Just today I had the Hickory BBQ Riblet. I've tried and enjoyed the Chik Patties, the Grillers Recipe Crumbles, and several of the Burgers. I don't particularly like the sausage links or sausage crumbles but perhaps in the right recipe they would be better.

One of my newest favorites are Green Giant Just For One frozen veggies. They are endorsed by Weight Watchers and are either ZERO or ONE point per serving. And they are tasty!

Another wonderful treat I've discovered recently is Dairy Queen Sugar Free Fat Free bars. The Vanilla/Orange is my favorite and the Fudge Bar is good also. The best news is they are ZERO points!

One of my biggest weaknesses is bread products. I really love good bread. I don't really like wheat or most dark bread due to it being too dry for me. I'm a white bread/flour tortilla girl. So for me to find bread which is low calorie, low points and delicious is exciting. Here are my go-to bread products:

I can't say enough about Arnold's Sandwich Thins. Not only are they delicious but they freeze really well. I just pop one in the toaster when I'm ready to eat a sandwich. I've already blogged about my piled high veggie burger. And of course the Whole Grain White is my favorite.

I have loved Flatout Light Bread for years. They are very large tortila-like flat breads. They are low calorie, low fat, crazy high in fiber and best of all very low point, some as low as 1 point each. I just really don't know how they make something so delicious, so very good for you.

One very exciting new bread product on the market is Thomas's Bagel Thins. They come in several flavors. My very favorite is the Everything Bagel Thin. I've used them in the normal way with light cream cheese but also as sandwich bread. Honestly they are very similar to the Arnold's Thins in my opinion.

Ok so in the interest of keeping this blog post short I will stop here and continue with my favorite food finds another day. These wonderful products make it so easy to eat healthy and lose weight. As of this week, I've lost 29.4 pounds. Yippee!

1 comment:

Test Account said...

Just discovered Flat-Outs a few months ago. LOVE THEM. Only one grocery here carries them and they tend to run out quick. Mike and I and have been using them for everything! - Betsy

Post a Comment